One Little Word 2016: Give

So in 2014 I attempted to focus on One Little Word for the year, but I kind of lost steam once baby girl came along.  I just was a bit too busy to think about anything other than survival.  :)  So I guess my word for that year was actually Survive rather than Cultivate.

So here I go again, 2 years later, and I have a word in mind for 2016, and that word is GIVE.



If you've paid much attention at all in the last few months, you know that I have started a skincare business with Rodan+Fields, and the team I am on is called Team GiVe.  It stands for Genuine, Inspired, Vibrant Entrepreneurs, but a lot of focus is on giving - not only within my team, but within the company as a whole.  Giving starts at the top, and the company has its own foundation - Prescription for Change and is currently partnering with buildOn, which works with inner city students.  Most recently Team Give gave to Knights of Heroes, a camp for kids who have lost a parent in military service.  The top earner, Sarah Robbins, has recently opened a SECOND orphanage in India and was featured on CBS.

I am tired of just talking about the need for positive change in the world, and I am ready to put my money where my mouth is.  At this point, I do not have a cause that I am passionate about, so I plan on giving a percentage of my Rodan+Fields commissions to a different organization each month.  It is my prayer that in researching and learning about these organizations, I will be led to an issue that touches my heart.  I will (try to) post monthly updates on this process.

Happy New Year!



Comments