Baby Food Quantities

One thing I always wondered as I was making baby food was "I wonder how many servings this will make?"   I never found anything with that information, so I decided to create it myself!

I wish I would have thought to do this post earlier, but when I thought of it, I was already past pureeing food and freezing food in "chunks" for Castiél.  If you are still pureeing food and can add to this post, please comment with additional information!

1 serving = 1 ice cube tray = 1/8 cup


1 can of beets = approximately 8 servings


1 can pumpkin = approximately 12 servings
(we love to mix pumpkin with applesauce - yum!)


1 20 ounce package of prunes = approximately 18 servings
(prunes go a LONG way!)


1 pint fresh strawberries = approximately 10 servings


1 package frozen peas (10 oz) = 12 servings


1 package fresh cranberries (12 oz) = 10 servings
(boiled with a cut up apple)



Other amounts: 

  • 1 ripe plantain = approximately 8 servings
  • 1 can kidney beans = approximately 8 servings
  • 2 fresh avocados = approximately 8 servings

There you have it!  Feel free to add your own amounts in the comments!  

Happy Eating!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Home Renovations

The Refugee Crisis: How you can make a difference

Checking off the list: Chop Chop