Book List 2012

I have to admit, my reading has slowed WAY down since Castiél has been born!  However, there are some books that are on my reading list for this year:

1.  My Life as a Furry Red Monster by Kevin Clash ~ As Castiél adores Elmo, I would like to learn more about his puppeteer, Kevin Clash, who is also a producer and creative director of Sesame Street.  On the same note, I'd like to see the 2011 documentary Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey.

2.  The Intentional Family: Simple Rituals to Strengthen Family Ties by William J. Doherty ~ Recommended by my cousin and friend, Karissa, on her blog The Iris Chronicles, this seems like a great read!



3.  Childproofing Your Marriage by Dr. Debbie L. Cherry ~ I've had this book for a while and intended on reading it before Castiél was born, but that didn't happen so now it's on the 2012 reading list!


4.  Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare ~ This is the sequel to Clockwork Angel, and this series (Infernal Devices) is a prequel to the Mortal Instruments series by Clare.  This book is actually on my bedside table now.  I should have started it over Christmas, but I didn't have time.  I will also read the 5th book in the Mortal Instruments series, City of Lost Souls, when it comes out in May.  



5.  The Joyful Christian by C.S. Lewis ~ I recently watched The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe on TV and remembered how much I like C.S. Lewis.  I have this book of selected readings by Lewis on my shelf, so I think I'll dust it off and read it again this year.  


6.  C.S. Lewis and the Bright Shadow of Holiness by Gerard Reed ~ My parents gave me this book several Christmases ago, and I haven't read it.  In keeping with the C.S. Lewis theme, I think I'll read it in 2012.  

7.  Real Marriage: The Truth about Sex, Friendship, and Life Together by Mark and Grace Driscoll ~ Mark Driscoll, pastor of Mars Hill Church in Seattle, is a pastor we love to listen to.  I have been looking forward to this book for a while.  


8. Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young ~ This was one of my Christmas gifts from this year.    


Okay, I'm going to stop there so I'll have a realistic list to work from.  I'm sure I'll read more Young Adult books than just the ones I listed (#4), but those are the ones I KNOW I will read.  I'll keep up with what I read and report back at the end of 2012!  :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Home Renovations

The Refugee Crisis: How you can make a difference

Checking off the list: Chop Chop