Motherhood

Well, Castiél is one month old today!  I can't believe I've been a mom for a month already - in some ways it feels like it has been forever, and in other ways it has flown by.  I waited a long time to have a baby, and even when I was pregnant I was unsure about the whole mommy thing.  I've never been very nurturing and I just didn't know how I would adjust to motherhood.  I just couldn't imagine how our lives would be with a baby.  So now?



I've never been happier - or more exhausted!  :)  Thankfully, I have an awesome husband who helps so I can get sleep both at night and during the day, but he can't feed Castiél, which is what I spend most of my time doing.  He eats every hour and half or so during the day and two hours at night, so sometimes it feels like non-stop nursing.  Although I really enjoy nursing more than I thought I would, I am looking forward to when he goes a little longer between feedings.

I just love him to pieces and could spend most of my time just staring at him, which, admittedly, is what I do!  I already dread my return to work at the end of July because I don't want to miss a second of time with him.  I am glad that he will be with his Daddy when I'm at work, but I'd like to be there too!

All in all, I feel like I'm adjusting pretty well to motherhood -- I just need to figure out how to add in getting dressed every day!

Comments

Paige said…
All I do is stare at my baby girl too! Glad you are enjoying motherhood and your baby boy!

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Home Renovations

The Refugee Crisis: How you can make a difference

Checking off the list: Chop Chop