Digital versus Traditional Scrapbooking

So I am considering moving away from traditional scrapbooking to a more digital approach.  I have always been intrigued by digital scrapbooking but have shied away from it for several reasons:

  • I was afraid the cost/trouble of printing the finished product would negate the savings of not buying supplies. 
  • I doubted my technical ability to use the programs I would need to use.  I have unsuccessfully tried to teach myself Photoshop several times.  
  • I simply didn't know where to begin.  
My biggest issue now is the third one - where to begin.  This year I bought Becky Higgins Project Life scrapbook kit, and I love it.  She also makes a digital version of the kit, which might be how dip my toe in the waters of digital scrapbooking next year.  

Now as to the why.  Why do I want to change to a digital format of scrapbooking?  The biggest issue at this point is space.  I don't have the space for all the "stuff" that traditional scrapbooking requires - mostly the space to scrapbook.  Traditional scrapbooking takes up a LOT of space and a LOT of supplies.  I just want to be able to make a product without having to tear up my house to do it.

I'm still unsure about the cost comparison . . . will it really be cheaper to do digital scrapbooking after printing the pages?  Will I have to continue spending money on digital elements?

Finally, will digital scrapbooking fill the creative outlet for me?  Will I enjoy the process as much?  I don't know . . . we will have to see.  Stay tuned for more to come on this in the year to come . . . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Home Renovations

The Refugee Crisis: How you can make a difference

Checking off the list: Chop Chop