Adventures in Bedtime

Castiél is 6 weeks old, and for the last week I've been trying to start a bedtime ritual.  I know it's a little early, but it seems to be working.

We start with bathtime, which Castiél enjoys.  He likes looking at that purple octopus on the Fisher Price bathtub.  At first he really didn't like the getting out part - I guess it was the sudden temperature change.  He's better now, but still not loving the lotion rubdown!



We then move on to the bedtime story - At this point the reading is more for me than him, but I just pick a short picture book to read.  Sometimes he's upset from the lotion ritual to settle down with a book.  Maybe I'll move the book time to before bath time.  I'm just trying to establish the ritual at this point.

Finally I nurse him and rock him to sleep and lay him down in the crib.  And yes, we've started laying him on his tummy.  I know it's a no-no, but he can roll from his tummy to his back and he has a lot of head strength.  He does sleep much better!!!



So far, so good -- until tonight.  I've been pretty flexible and if he seemed tired (which he usually is) earlier I started the ritual at 7:30 or so.  But tonight, I noticed at 7 pm that he was really tired and thought about going ahead and giving him a bath and putting him down.  But I waited until about 7:45 and by then he was over-tired.  It took me over an hour to get him down.  I won't be doing that again!  I will be much more flexible with bedtime - going anytime between 7 and 8.  At least that's my plan!  I hope it works!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Home Renovations

The Refugee Crisis: How you can make a difference

Checking off the list: Chop Chop