Book List of 2011

I've started making a list of the books I want to read in the next year.  I'm well aware that much of this reading probably needs to happen before spring when my attention will be otherwise diverted, so I thought I better get started soon.

First, I am finishing up the Chronicles of Narnia series with The Last Battle.  I'm about halfway done with that book now.



Next, I am ashamed to say that as an English teacher I haven't read the Harry Potter series.  I read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, but got bogged down with book #2.  Now I have the added incentive of watching each movie once I finish the book so I should be able to get through them pretty quickly!



Finally, there are some sequels to other series I am reading that are coming out in the spring.  The Mortal Instruments series, a young adult series that is excellent, comes out with Book #4 - City of Fallen Angels on April 5, 2011.



Another favorite and guilty pleasure is the Sookie Stackhouse novels.  Book #11, Dead Reckoning, comes out the first of May.  However, I read those books so quickly that I usually have to go back and reread a few to "catch" up to where the new book starts. 


I also am going to get the Chronological Bible to read through it in a year (which I have done before), but I am very interested in reading it in chronological order. 



What do YOU plan on reading in 2011???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Home Renovations

The Refugee Crisis: How you can make a difference

Checking off the list: Chop Chop