Shocking Discovery

FYI: I'm writing this as it happens, but I won't post it until I announce this publicly . . . so this will be an old post by the time anyone gets to read it, but I wanted to write about it anyway!

So, on Monday (Labor Day), I discovered I was pregnant. It was quite by surprise actually. I was only one day late (which isn't abnormal for me), but I wanted to take the new digital pregnancy test I had gotten at CVS (on sale + coupon + Extra Rewards!) the day before. You know, the one that says "Pregnant" or "Not pregnant" instead of a line or plus or whatever. I was completely expecting it to say NOT and it just be a waste of a test. I actually walked away from it for a minute and forgot about it. BUT, when I walked back to it . . .


Literally, I couldn't breathe. I was shaking when I went to Carlos' office and just stared at him. I stuttered the news to him and handed him the test. He laughed, but he takes things in stride better than I do.  But we've only been "trying" to get pregnant for a month or so.  I was in shock all day, and kept going back to look at the test, which I had kept on the counter. I couldn't believe it.

As far as I can figure, the due date will be in May, which is almost perfect from a teacher's perspective. I'm still a bit in shock, but definitely getting excited. Well, maybe overwhelmed is a better word than excited. It is funny how one pregnancy test can change you from feeling fat and bloated to bellyliciously beautiful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Home Renovations

The Refugee Crisis: How you can make a difference

Checking off the list: Chop Chop