When you wish upon a star . . .

So I've been thinking about how I am wishing my life away . . . I wish for the weekend, I wish for summer, I wish for vacation, you get the picture. In the meantime, I don't enjoy TODAY as much as I should.

I was really contemplating this problem last night, and I felt led to read Ecclesiastes. Several verses just jumped out at me.

I know that nothing is better for them than to rejoice, and to do good in their lives, and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor -- it is the gift of God (Ecclesiastes 3:12-13)

For he will not dwell unduly on the days of his life, because God keeps him busy with the joy of his heart. (Ecclesiastes 5:20)


So, I'm going to try to focus on the joys of TODAY and enjoy every gift that God gives me - from my work, to my home, to my friends, to my family.

Comments

KKSorrell said…
I understand your feelings. Those are some great verses to remember to live in the present!

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Home Renovations

The Refugee Crisis: How you can make a difference

Checking off the list: Chop Chop