An ADD Devotional Life

So I have a confession . . . when it comes to my "quiet time" or "devotions" or whatever you want to call it, I have a serious case of ADD. I just can't focus on one thing. This has caused me in the past year to start (and not finish) the following things: Read through the Bible chronologically (I am on Exodus 36), write out a chapter of Psalms each day (I am on Psalm 18), and read through the first five books of the Old Testament (sounds like a repeat of the chronological thing - and I'm on Genesis 17 or something). It's not that I don't want to spend time in God's Word - it is just that the same thing every day bores me. God's Word doesn't bore me, but a PLAN bores me.

So at this point, I find I have at least 3 plans to choose from on a daily basis, and I'm adding a new one . . . I'm reading the book Giving: Unlocking the Heart of Good Stewardship by John Ortberg which is a book/Bible study combination.

Having said all that, my plan now is to have no plan, and choose from my variety of options - or create a new one! I don't know how "spiritual" that is, but I suppose something (or a lot of somethings) is better than nothing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Home Renovations

The Refugee Crisis: How you can make a difference

Checking off the list: Chop Chop