Book List

I have quite a few books on my reading "wish list" for this year. . . so far about 20 nonfiction titles. I am sure the fiction side of my reading will be mostly young adult literature, and will be guided by the GA Peach Book Winners for Teen Readers that will be announced in April.

It always takes me longer to get through nonfiction books, but I am determined to read more than just YA lit this year! Currently I am reading two nonfiction books: Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller and Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America by Barbara Ehrenreich.

I am currently reading a YA book entitled Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. It is a Southern gothic novel - very unique for a YA book, but will pull in fantasy readers. I am very much expecting for this book to be on the Georgia Peach Book Award list for this coming year.

While I'm talking about books, my FAVORITE nonfiction book from last year was a memoir by Ashley Rhodes-Courter, Three Little Words. It was on last year's GA Peach Book list, but it is a phenomenal memoir of her life in the foster care system in Florida. I highly recommend it!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Home Renovations

The Refugee Crisis: How you can make a difference

Checking off the list: Chop Chop