Proverbs to guide life

So for the past month, I have been reading one chapter of Proverbs each day. . . although I have most certainly read through Proverbs before, I read this time with an intention to apply it to my life. I was quite sensitive at the beginning of the reading, wondering if I were the fool that was being described.

A few of the proverbs hit hard, especially Proverbs 29:11 that stated "A fool vents all his feelings, but a wise man holds them back." Ouch! I have never thought about my "venting" as a foolish act, even though it often created negative consequences.

Another related proverb (which I have LOVED, but usually always thought of other people rather than myself) is Proverbs 17:28: "Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; When he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive." Of course, my favorite adaptation of this proverb came from Abraham Lincoln, who said, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

LOL - If you're like me, I'm sure there is at least one person you would like to share that proverb with and tell them it is their new life verse! :) Hopefully it's not me!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Home Renovations

The Refugee Crisis: How you can make a difference

Checking off the list: Chop Chop