How Rude!

In an ironic twist to my previous blog, someone asked me the other day if I was pregnant. Now, I thought this to be a rather rude question, as she only asked me after looking at me, which leads me to assume she thought I LOOKED pregnant. Now, for those of you who may not know me, I am very petite . . . and thin. However, I am just as self-conscious as anyone else, and that question truly bothered me.

Why do people feel that they have the right to say whatever pops into their minds? A similar incident happened last year – on the first day of school, some of my students asked another teacher if I was pregnant because they thought I “looked it.” Now, these 14-year-olds at least had the decency not to ask me to my face. . . why can’t adults show the same social awareness???!!!???

Now, since this is simply a (seemingly) polite way to tell someone that they are fat, please refrain! If you haven’t learned this lesson from sitcoms or movies, please take it from me. . . if someone is pregnant and wants you to know about it, they will tell you! Otherwise, keep your mouth shut.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Joy of Home Renovations

The Refugee Crisis: How you can make a difference

Checking off the list: Chop Chop